If you’re needing a decent client side validator, give this one a shot.
It’s been way too long since I’ve read any good books. That doesn’t mean I don’t have a number that I wish to read soon, however. Here’s what I have on my current wish list.
- The Culture Code: An Ingenious Way to Understand Why People Around the World Live and Buy as They Do by Clotaire Rapaille (Paperback – July 17, 2007)
- Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks by Luke Wroblewski (Paperback – Dec. 2008)
- Designing Design by Kenya Hara (Hardcover – July 23, 2007)
- Designing for People by Henry Dreyfuss (Paperback – Nov. 1, 2003)
- Design Is the Problem: The Future of Design Must be Sustainable by Nathan Shedroff and Hunter Lovins (Paperback – 2009)
- Designers Don’t Read by Austin Howe and Fredrik Averin (Paperback – Sept. 22, 2009)
- Design Disasters: Great Designers, Fabulous Failure, and Lessons Learned by Steven Heller (Paperback – Oct. 28, 2008)
If you have any opinions on any of these listed, feel free to let me know.
I ran across this great little read from H&FJ on effectively combining fonts. As for me, I’m always looking for techniques and processes for achieving and accomplishing design goals. Effective typography is a real art so designing from the hip can be risky and dangerous. I hope you find these techniques as useful as I have.